CANBERRA – Ford Motor Co. of Australia Ltd. is working on a diesel version of its popular Territory cross/utility vehicle because that’s what customers want, President Tom Gorman says. But vehicle owners are better off buying a vehicle using liquefied petroleum gas (LPG), he insists in media reports. "People want performance and refinement, and that means (a reduction of) noise, vibration and harshness,” he tells reporters here. “You don't get that by jamming a diesel engine into the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.