MELBOURNE – Ford Motor Co. of Australia Ltd. is set to release the manual-transmission version of its 348-hp Falcon XR8 performance car later this month. Australia now enjoys Falcon with powerful revised V-8. But the automatic version’s release has been set back to April while Ford overcomes the problem of the new 4-valve-per-cylinder 5.4L DOHC V-8 having too much torque for the gearbox. Ford Australia president Geoff Polites says there has been unprecedented interest in XR ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.