MELBOURNE – Ford Motor Co. of Australia Ltd. is reporting record 2003 revenue of A$3.9 billion ($2.9 billion) for a net profit of A$154.6 million ($114 million), its highest in six years. It is a dramatic improvement on 2002, when the auto maker saw a profit of A$20.4 million ($15 million) on revenues of A$3.2 billion ($2.4 billion). The 2003 results end a tough five years for Ford, which operated at a loss at one stage as sales fell from more than 100,000 in the mid-1990s to just 73,200 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.