MELBOURNE – Ford Motor Co. of Australia Ltd. saw an operating loss in 2001 of A$5.5 million ($2.9 million) as sales stumbled 6.2% and market share fell to 13.8%. As disappointing as the results were, they were a marked improvement over the A$16.1 million ($8.7 million) loss the auto maker experienced in 2000. In a published report, Ford Australia President Geoff Polites says last year's results were affected by a "tremendous amount" of spending on the new Ford Falcon and 4-wheel-drive ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.