Ford Australia sends less paint sludge to landfills by shipping it to a company that uses it as an alternative source of fuel in the cement-making process. The first sludge shipment went in August to Australian waste specialist Geocycle’s processing facility in Dandenong, Victoria, and shipments of about 11 tons (10 t) a month continue to leave the Ford site. Geocycle is a subsidiary of Cement Australia, one of the country’s leading suppliers of cement and related products and services. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.