Structural changes to the Australian market have seen sales of Ford's locally built Falcon large sedan fall 19% this year, he says, and the Territory SUV fall 18%. Ford Motor Co. of Australia Ltd. is facing many of the same problems as its U.S. parent, says President Tom Gorman, noting a year of falling sales means cuts to capacity are unavoidable and layoffs are possible. "We won't be able to avoid right-sizing our production with demand, if demand doesn't pick up," Gorman tells ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.