Ford Motor Co. of Australia Ltd. believes a family sedan can be driven around mainland Australia for about A$1,000 ($760) in fuel costs, using liquid propane gas. To support the theory, it is teaming up with its stable of racecar drivers to test the fuel advantages of the LPG Falcon. Ford Australia President Tom Gorman waves off the “Ford LPG Challenge” from the auto maker’s headquarters Melbourne on Aug. 3. The 23-day trial will take in all mainland states, covering more than 13,000 km ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.