Ford Motor Co. pulls the plug on the slow-selling Ford Taurus X cross/utility vehicle and the Mercury Sable sedan. Taurus X production will cease at the end of February, while Sable output will stop in April, says spokesman Mark Schirmer. Both vehicles are produced at Ford’s assembly plant in Chicago, alongside sedan platform-mates, the Ford Taurus and Lincoln MKS flagship sedan. Chicago went to one shift in November, but operations won’t be affected by the product discontinuations, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.