LIVONIA, MI – Ford Motor Co. and Azure Dynamics Corp. launch initial production here of the first Ford Transit Connect Electric vans for commercial customers, hoping to ramp up to 700 units annually in 2011 and gain valuable insight into a murky market. “These aren’t huge volumes,” admits Curt Huston, chief operating officer at Azure Dynamics. “We don’t think capacity restrictions will keep us from producing enough to meet demand.” Azure Dynamics engineered the powertrain, incorporating ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.