SEOUL — Ford Motor Co. is expected to begin the due diligence process by the end of the month in its bid to purchase South Korea's Daewoo Motor Co. Ltd., reports out of Korea say. Daewoo, insolvent and in the hands of its creditor banks, is for sale through a private auction. Additional bidders include DaimlerChrysler AG, Fiat SpA, Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd., and General Motors Corp. Creditor banks rejected an earlier bid from GM and instead called for an auction. It is believed that GM, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.