Ford Motor Co. hopes to shake Thailand's economic crisis and slumping vehicle sales by exporting its Rayong-made Ranger pickup truck to Europe. The Ranger will go on sale this summer in most European countries, with the U.K., Germany, Greece and Portugal expected to be the largest markets. Total European small pickup market sales reach 53,000 units per year and Ford hopes to fall in somewhere behind segment leaders Mitsubishi Motors Corp., with a 40% market share, and Toyota Motor Corp.'s ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.