Ford Motor Co.'s board of directors gave Chief Executive Jac Nasser a resounding vote of confidence last week for his handling of the Firestone tire recall at the same time Chairman Bill Ford Jr. vowed to get more active in the campaign if necessary. Mr. Ford also says the automaker will let buyers decide whether they want Firestone tires on their '02 Explorer/Mountaineer vehicles. Along with Firestone, Michelin SA will be supplying tires for the '02 Explorer, as may Goodyear Tire and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.