SAO PAULO – Ford Brasila Ltda. recently was forced to suspend truck production for a day due to a shortage of steel parts. Ford sent 800 workers home at its plant in metro Sao Paulo, which has been running at capacity since the beginning of the year. Ford F-250 Industry analysts say demand for steel is outstripping production in Brazil, as well as Europe and China, allowing steel companies to boost prices 50% this year. Brazilian steel sales rose 13% in the year’s first half, to 9.5 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.