SAO PAULO – Ford Brasil Ltda. launches its Cargo 4331 Max Ton truck. The principal advantage of the vehicle is that it costs between $35,000 and $37,000, considerably less than Ford’s competitors, some of which charge up to $66,000. “We are offering a product for clients who do not want to pay more than they have to,” says Flavio Padovan, director of Ford’s truck division. Meanwhile, Ford plans to invest $150 million by 2010 to renew truck assembly lines at its Sao Bernardo do ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.