Ford Motor Co. says it will build a race-ready version of the ’05 Mustang that will cost in “the $100,000 ballpark” and be available this this spring. The car, built off the GT-R concept shown at the New York Auto Show, will carry a litany of Ford Racing-engineered modifications intended to prepare it for track use. Tweaks include a 5L V-8 built by Ford Racing that is capable of about 420 hp. Ford to offer race-ready Mustang. The vehicle is not street legal, the spokesman says, and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.