Ford Motor Co. of Australia Ltd. plans to start building 40,000 European-designed 4-cyl. Focus small cars annually at its Melbourne assembly plant beginning in 2011. The addition of the Focus will create 300 new jobs at the plant and could employ some of the 600 workers at Ford’s Geelong, Victoria, 6-cyl. engine facility that the auto maker announced last week will end production in 2010. The move puts Australia back into small-car manufacturing for the first time in more than a decade, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.