STOCKHOLM — Volvo car production resumes at AutoNova after Ford Motor Co. and the TWR Group agree to Ford's buyout of the joint venture. Production of the Volvo C70 coupe and convertible had been stopped for more than two weeks at the plant in Uddevalla following a dispute over losses at the plant. Ford's Volvo unit, which already owned 49% of the JV, immediately acquired an additional 26% of the plant and will buy the remaining 25% in 2003. Terms of the deal were not disclosed, but ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.