Ford Motor Co. ends months of speculation regarding more auto industry mergers as it acquires AB Volvo's passenger-car division for $6.45 billion. Ford and Volvo executives announced the proposed deal late last month. For Ford, it means access to different types of luxury car buyers and a more expansive worldwide dealer network. For Volvo Cars, the deal means a more secure future through increased financial resources, greater economies of scale and the chance for a broader product range. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.