Ford Motor Co. of Australia Ltd. cancels plans to build the Focus small car in Australia, citing changing global economic conditions. Instead it will build 4-cyl. versions of its Falcon sedan powered by a new 2.0L EcoBoost engine. It is the first rear-wheel-drive car from Ford to feature EcoBoost technology, which combines turbocharging with direct injection. After assessing the global requirements and costs of producing the next Focus, Ford Australia determined it could not make a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.