LONDON – First Standard & Poor’s cuts Ford Motor Co.’s debt rating to the lowest level above junk bonds, and now the auto maker’s chief designer J Mays says the Ingeni European studio will close. J Mays created Ingeni studio. The two events are inexorably linked. Ford no longer can afford the luxury of a studio, largely funded by its Premier Automotive Group – Land Rover, Volvo, Jaguar and Aston Martin – that’s effectively outside the traditional car-making system. (See ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.