DEARBORN, MI – The parade of unique cars headed for warehouses – or worse, the shredder – likely will continue, despite the success of Ford Motor Co.’s design prototype and concept auction here June 16. The event – the first time a large auto maker ever has offered its one-of-a-kind concept vehicles for public auction – attracted about 100 bidders and brought in nearly $4.4 million. Net proceeds from the event will benefit the Ford Motor Company Fund, which boosts non-profit ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.