DETROIT – Ford Motor Co. delivers the first of its scheduled 3,000 long-wheelbase ’02 Crown Victorias to New York for use as taxis. The additional 7.7 cu.-ft. (0.22 cu.-m) of interior room for passengers and carry-on luggage, give cabbies the right to charge a higher fare. The vehicle – assembled at Ford’s St. Thomas, Ont., plant – stickers for $25,890.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.