Ford Motor Co.’s J Mays differs from James Bond in many ways. The fictional superspy likes his martinis shaken, not stirred. How does Mays portray his recent overhaul of Ford’s design staff? “We’re stirring, not shaking,” Mays says. “It’s very gentle movement, and all part of the plan.” In a surprising move last week, Mays, group vice president and chief creative officer, returned Peter Horbury, executive design director-The Americas, to Volvo Car Corp., filling his vacated U.S. post ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.