Ford Motor Co. of Canada Ltd. will lay off at least 150 fewer Windsor, Ont., Canada, workers than originally expected on May 10, a published report says. A CAW official tells The Windsor Star less than 500 workers will be laid off indefinitely as part of shift reductions at Essex and Windsor engine, casting and aluminum plants in Windsor, not including temporary contract workers. In March, Ford sent layoff notices to 650 employees at the plants, a company spokesman says, but those ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.