Ford Motor Co. selects a new site for its US$1.3 billion small-car plant two months after scrapping plans for a manufacturing facility in the southern state of Rio Grande do Sul. The U.S. automaker, instead, will build its Amazon plant in the state of Bahia, located in northeastern Brazil. Ford earlier this year had begun preparing a site in Rio Grande do Sul but cancelled plans after the state's governor refused to grant US$260 million in incentives promised to the company by his ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.