DEARBORN – Ford Motor Co.’s upcoming 3.5L V-6 engine, dubbed the Duratec 35, has room to grow to 4.0L or can drop down to 3.0L, Greg Johnson, new program manager-Duratec 35, tells Ward’s. The new mill, which will power the upcoming Lincoln MKZ sedan (formerly the Zephyr) and Lincoln MKX, Ford Edge and Mazda CX-9 cross/utility vehicles, will be used in a variety of upcoming Ford, Lincoln and Mercury products, Johnson says. The power output for the Duratec 35 will vary slightly by ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.