DEARBORN – Ford Motor Co. expects ’05 Escape buyers will be more than three times as likely to opt for the vehicle’s base I-4 engine than those who purchased previous models. Starting Dec. 15, Escape gets the Duratec 23 iteration of Ford’s global I-4 architecture. The all-aluminum overhead-cam engine produces 153 hp and 152 lb.-ft. (206 Nm) of torque. ’05 Ford Escape This compares favorably with the 127 hp and 135 lb.-ft. (183 Nm) made by the 2.0L Zetec I-4 that served as ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.