Ford of Europe CEO Stephen Odell says the region’s growing financial crisis has “dented” consumer confidence, but considers sputtering vehicle sales part of a long-term turnaround for the region. He also continues to see a resurgent Russia as a crown jewel on the auto maker’s Eastern edge. “It’s a difficult market,” Odell says of Europe in a telephone interview with Ward’s from Ford’s Cologne, Germany, headquarters. “We’ve characterized it as a slow recovery over the next few years.” ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.