With physical prototype reduction as a hallmark of its restructured product-development process, Ford Motor Co.’s European arm next year will launch a vehicle developed from a single prototype phase, Ward's has learned. “Over the course of the past decade, we’ve gradually eliminated a number of prototype phases from our vehicle-development process,” says Derrick Kuzak, Ford of Europe’s vice president-product development. “Where we’re at today is we have two phases – what we call an ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.