Thailand's position as the largest vehicle market in the Association of Southeast Asian Nations eventually will be surpassed by Indonesia, whose consumer market is four times as large. John Fleming, Ford Motor Co. executive vice president-global manufacturing and labor affairs, made the prediction while visiting the site of the new $450 million facility that will begin making the Ford Focus in two years. He tells the Bangkok Post newspaper Thailand now is the strongest market in ASEAN, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.