DEARBORN – On the heels of high praise from Consumer Reports and recall-free since 2002, Ford Motor Co.’s Focus continues to evolve, evidenced by plans to build a North American “ST” version. Unlike the ST170, above, North America’s ST will be a sedan. Engineering has been approved, an informed source tells Ward’s, adding the sedan-based series could be unveiled as early as first-quarter, 2004. It borrows “goodies” from Ford of Europe Inc., which introduced its own ST model – ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.