Ford Motor Co. adds an additional 310,000 units to an existing list of compact cross/utility vehicles being recalled. The auto maker reportedly is calling back Ford Escape and Mazda Tribute CUVs from the ’01-’05 model years because of potential problems with the liftgate. The National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. says the rear door could open during a crash if left unlocked, Reuters reports. The latest callback follows a voluntary recall of 600,000 Escapes earlier this month in relation ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.