SOUTHFIELD, MI – The Ford Explorer’s ’06 powertrain menu will get an extra valve and a load more horses, part of an under-hood upgrade that will include the company’s first 6-speed automatic transmission to be developed in-house. The changes come as part of a vehicle refreshening slated for second-half 2005. (See related story: ’06 Explorer to Get 6-Speed) Explorer to get output boost. Ford Motor Co. plans to fit a 3-valve V-8 in the Explorer and its Mercury Mountaineer platform ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.