DEARBORN, MI – Ford Motor Co. confirms its new 5.0L V-8 engine will be offered in the ’11 F-Series pickup truck, as first reported by Ward’s. The 5.0L engine developed for the new ’11 Mustang is an ideal fit for the F-Series, although it initially wasn’t developed with a truck application in mind, a top Ford engineer says. “When we originally kicked the rogram off, it was going to be a Mustang-only engine,” Mike Harrison, V-8 program manager, tells Ward’s. “But within three months of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.