Following seven straight months of F-Series double-digit sales gains, Ford Motor Co. only registered a 1.7% sales increase in April for its best-selling pickup trucks over like-2003. At the same time, Ford’s inventory soared to 956,000 units, which is the highest level anticipated for 2004. Ford F-150 sales slow. The auto maker has been planning a gradual inventory reduction this summer as vehicle production tapers in coming months, but company officials admit there may need to be a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.