Ford Motor Co. will build a production version of the Fairlane concept, shown at the 2005 North American International Auto Show, in 2008 as an ’09 model, a source familiar with the project tells Ward’s. The new vehicle, codenamed D471, will be built at Ford’s Oakville, Ont., Canada, plant alongside a Lincoln derivative codenamed D472, the source says. The two cross/utility vehicles will replace the Ford Freestar, the only minivan still produced by the auto maker. A Ford spokesman says ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.