BEIJING — Ford Motor Co. confirms it is cooperating with First Auto Works in developing a new luxury car for China. FAW officials say they hope the new vehicle, a Red Flag model, will enter the market by year's end. The car will be based on one of Ford's Lincoln models and also will borrow some technical features from the existing Red Flag, based on Volkswagen AG's Audi 100 and already developed by the Chinese company, says Hua Shaozhong, deputy director of FAW's Technical Center. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.