DETROIT – Ford Motor Co. is throwing Firestone to the Lions – the Detroit Lions. Ford Field, the National Football League team’s new stadium, will feature an artificial playing surface composed partly of rubber reclaimed from recalled Bridgestone/Firestone Inc. tires, Ward’s has learned. A Detroit Lions spokesman confirms the deal with FieldTurf, a Montreal-based company that already has installed its unique surface in more than 400 athletic complexes worldwide – including the practice ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.