VIENNA – Ford Motor Co. officially now is the majority owner in Automobile Craiova S.A., after finalizing the takeover of the former Daewoo Automobile Romania S.A. plant, in Craiova, Romania, on Friday. Prior to the sale to Ford, the Romanian government bought back Daewoo Motor Co. Ltd.’s stake in the plant from the Korea Asset Management Corp., the arm that oversees creditor claims as part of Daewoo’s bankruptcy. That made Automobile Craiova holder of 49% of the Daewoo Automobile Romania ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.