Ford Motor Co. is planning to consolidate its Indian operations prior to the launch of its new model in India next year. The move will see a gradual shift of sourcing of currently imported engines and gearboxes to domestic manufacturer Hindustan Motors Ltd. Ford also plans to boost dealer outlets from 40-plus to more than 70 in 2003. Ford Ikon Additionally, Ford plans to build on the success of its Indian-built Ikon passenger car in overseas markets. Ikon currently is being ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.