Ford Motor Co. is putting a laser-like focus on improving noise, vibration and harshness (NVH) levels in its upcoming vehicles. The ’07 Ford Edge cross/utility vehicle is a prime example of the degree to which Ford engineers are pushing to lower NVH levels by benchmarking industry-leaders. “We looked at a lot of them (NVH benchmarks), including the Toyota Highlander, but the one we really went after with the Edge was the Nissan Murano,” says Rich Kreder, vehicle engineering manager-Ford ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.