Ford Motor Co. is on track to surpass General Motors Corp. as the leading North American producer of vehicles, including medium- and heavy-duty trucks, by 2011, a Ward’s analysis shows. As GM winds down operations at its Saturn, Hummer, Saab and Pontiac divisions as part of ongoing restructuring efforts to help stave off bankruptcy, Ford will add capacity next year to begin production of its Fiesta B-car at its Cuautitlan, Mexico, assembly plant. Although Ford declines to reveal how ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.