The Ford Freestyle and Chrysler Pacifica headline a group of cross/utility vehicles that are improving the rollover performance of SUVs, the National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. says. NHTSA started ranking the rollover performances of SUVs in 2001. Since then, NHTSA's SUV segment - which includes car-based utility vehicles, or CUVs per Ward's segmentation - has improved overall rollover worthiness. Ford Freestyle boasts only a 13% chance of rolling. Of the 33 SUV models tested by ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.