Ford-Werke AG, the German subsidiary of Ford Motor Co., posts a narrower financial loss in 2001, but still missing its breakeven target for the year. The unit has been trying to boost its diesel and new product offerings in an effort to take share from Volkswagen AG. Ford-Werke says it lost E80 million ($70 million) in 2001, compared with a loss of E171 million ($149.5 million) in 2000. Sales rose 3.2% to E16.3 billion ($14.2 billion) during the year. Separately, Ford-Werke AG announces ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.