Ford Motor Co. and German supplier Getrag GmbH & Cie KG are teaming up to produce a new dual-clutch 6-speed transmission dubbed “PowerShift” that will be employed next year in North America in the auto maker’s B- and C-segment cars. The transmission is being designed and developed by Getrag Ford Transmissions GmbH, a joint venture that produces both manual and automated manual transmissions, a top Ford engineer says. “(Getrag) has been our partner for manual (transmissions) for ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.