Ford Motor Co. will unveil the latest iteration of its limited-production Special Vehicle Team (SVT) Mustang Cobra at the Detroit auto show, heralding the first time a Mustang will feature the sophisticated architecture of an independent rear suspension (IRS). The suspension change marks a significant departure for the U.S. ponycar segment as well, which since its inception has been filled with solid axle rear-drivers. In contrast, most European performance-oriented, rear-drive vehicles ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.