California attorney and inventor Frank Weyer makes good on his promise to take Ford Motor Co. to court over a differentiating feature on the ’05 Mustang he says he created. Weyer says the technology behind Mustang’s MyColor instrumentation – which allows for numerous combinations of backlight hues for the central gauge cluster – was awarded a federal patent Nov. 2, 1999, and is being used by Ford without permission. Inventor accuses Ford of ripping off MyColor feature. He has ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.