CAMACARI, Bahia — Ford Motor Co. canceled celebrations planned for the Oct. 12 inauguration of its long-awaited Amazon small-car plant here in light of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks in the U.S. The state government, however, hired three bands to liven up the event. Ford do Brasil President Antonio Maciel Neto told guests that Ford worldwide leaders did not plan to appear due to the period of mourning in America. Maciel Neto called for a minute of silence in respect for the victims of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.