BEIJING — Ford Motor Co. accelerates its presence in China as a result of its US$6.45 billion pending takeover of Sweden's AB Volvo Car operation, analysts say. Volvo's high prestige and networks of distribution and service in China will perfectly compliment Ford's local operation. Hong Kong-based Swire Group, the sole agent for Volvo cars in China, says Volvo sold about 700 cars in the country last year. The automaker, which held a grand ceremony to launch its luxury S80 car in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.