CHENNAI – Ford India Ltd. by most measures is a success. Having sold more than 100,000 Ikon cars since the company’s start up – half of them in exports – it expects to break even this year. Ford Fusion Moreover, the auto maker has raised the productivity and quality of its Indian plant to near world standards and guided the domestic auto components industry to move up the value chain. It has the lowest manufacturing cost across all Ford plants. Indeed, the new 50/50 Ford ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.